Dance is a form of movement meditation.
Keeping our hearts healthy is important. Cardiovascular exercises, which increase heart rate, keep our hearts in shape. Regular exercise has also been shown to lower blood pressure, freeing our heart from some of the effort in moving blood through our system.
But you might not get much enjoyment from disciplined workouts!
But dancing regularly not only keeps ones heart healthy, it also helps maintain balance and coordination. Plus, of course, dance lessons and events let you get you out of the house regularly and make and meet friends.
Benefits Of Dancing And How It Can Help You losing a few pounds
When you challenge your mind to focus and learn new things, it increases the health of your brain increasing blood flow and alertness.
- Dance is a wonderful way to quiet your mind by focusing on movement with music.
- Dancing releases endorphins in your body, which help to make you feel pleasurable, happy, at peace with your life and naturally high.
- Dancing uses “Contra Motion” (the opposite swinging motion you use when you walk). Dance uses all of your large muscle groups and many muscles that you don’t use on a daily basis.
- Dancing connects you to your “Powerhouse Core” muscles. Your Powerhouse Core muscles include your abdomen, lower and upper back, hips, buttocks and inner thighs.
- Strengthening your Core Muscles creates beautiful posture
- Dancing gives you a clear and easy way to practice loving and appreciating your body while dancing in the mirror.
- Dancing makes you feel alive and free!
Take Zumba Classes
What is Zumba And Why Is It Good For A Weight Loss Diet?
Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto “Beto” Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. Zumba’s choreography incorporates hip-hop, samba, salsa, merengue, mambo, martial arts, and some Bollywood and belly dance moves. Squats and lunges are also included.
Zumba exercises include music with fast and slow rhythms and resistance training for fitness and losing weight. There are six different types of classes for different levels of age and exertion, including one based in the swimming pool.
Zumba’s allure derives in part from the perception that it’s more a dance party than an exercise routine. But its popularity has come at a price. Zumba classes can be enormous, filled with enthusiastic but inexperienced exercisers who may be led by instructors with limited experience.
The classes are fast-paced and can be quite strenuous. Few participants leave without being drenched in sweat and at least a little bit out of breath.
Smart Activity Tracker with Wrist-based Heart Rate plus GPS
Turn your steps into strides with vívosmart HR+, the GPS activity tracker with Elevate wrist heart rate technology. Not only does it count steps, calories, floors climbed and intensity minutes, it uses GPS satellites to track how far and how fast you go during almost any activity — from running to rollerblading. Also includes a move bar that gives you a vibrating reminder to get up and move when you’ve been inactive for too long. Stay connected with smart notifications that include email, text, call, social media, calendar alerts and more, right on your wrist.
Tracking your heart rate and dancing activity with this waterproof cool Garmin monitor, Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit – Black you can easily wear in the shower, pool and beach after your dancing activity.