One of the best ways to enjoy nature and have a great workout is to go for a run. So many people nowadays are buying devices to increase their potential when running. Today, we will be going through the best heart rate monitors for running, including a look at three specific products.
How to choose the best heart rate monitor for running
Since there are so many brands of heart rate monitors on the market today, it can definitely be difficult to know which one to get. You need to know what to look for in order to purchase the best one for you. Before you even start looking to purchase, set aside a budget of what you are willing to spend, as they definitely range in price. This is crucial as you will be overwhelmed if you don’t; if you work within a firm price point it narrows down the options.back to menu ↑
So, what do you need while running?
The first thing that is the most important that you should be looking for is a heart rate monitor that delivers real-time and accurate results. There is no point in having a heart rate monitor that cannot do this; if it can’t do that, then it is garbage. Having one that can do it in real time is key because you need it giving you up-to-date information to enhance your workout.back to menu ↑
Another huge bonus is finding one with GPS capabilities.
You want it able to measure the distances you’ve run so you can track your progress. This will allow you to set goals for yourself, such as making plans to run for more than one mile, and then bumping up that goal once you’ve accomplished it. These GPS capabilities will also be able to show where you’ve run on the map, and if it is Wi-Fi enabled, you can share those goals with friends, family, or any running group you are associated with online.
As for look, the sleeker and slimmer the heart rate monitor is, the best it is for running. Anything too bulky is going to weigh you down and is not going to help you run any faster. You need to purchase a heart rate monitor that feels lightweight, and that isn’t going to hold you down from running; you want it to feel like it is not even there and not get in the way. An extra bonus is if it is sweat-resistant, so it will not break down or be impeded when you are sweating while working out. Also make sure it is durable enough to be out in the sun, and stand a bit of rain and still work, as you cannot control the weather when you’ve planned a run.back to menu ↑
Today, we wanted to go through three of the best heart rate monitors for running.
Instead of just focusing on one particular brand, we have chosen three distinct ones from which you can choose. All three are reliable sources, that manufacture high-quality products at competitive pricing. We trust these brands, which is why they have made this list.
The first product is the Garmin Forerunner 235 that comes in either black and grey. It is equipped with a lot of features to enhance your running experience.
- GPS enabled to be used when running
- Can test your heart rate by using the pulse on your wrist, no chest pad needed
- Able to customize the watch depending on what you like
- Comes with a larger screen, same physical size as the previous 225 model, but with a bigger screen
- Ability to send audio prompts to your smartphone that lets you know when a lap is completed and the amount of time it took
- Also is compatible with smart devices to tell you about an incoming email, text, calls, calendar reminders, and even more
- Lasts 11 hours on a single charge (rechargeable battery) and can be used for up to 9 days on a charge sometimes
- Sleek look
- A lot of features
- Compatible with smart phone
- Sends audio alerts that work
A bit on the more expensive side
The second product up for review is the Jarv Bluetooth Wireless Heart Rate Monitor and Sensor.
Jarv is probably the least-known product on our list today, but that does not deter it for being up for the best heart rate monitor for running. If you are on a budget, this might be the best one for you, as it is the cheapest one on the list today. It comes with so many features to make your running experience great.
- Don’t need Bluetooth dongle
- Can connect wirelessly to smart device (Mac compatible)
- Tracks your heart rate, distance ran, pace traveled at
- Can work with over 50 workout apps for running and cycling
- Works fantastic with iPhone to plan routes and runs
- No battery is included, needs to be purchase
- Sleek look
- Works great with Mac products
- Battery sold separately
- Cheap band
The final product on the list today is the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch.
This is definitely the most popular brand on the market today, and is also one of the best heart rate monitors for running.
- Syncs automatically, over Wi-Fi to over 200 leading smart devices that can run either iOS, Android and Windows
- Equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Syncs easy
- Water resistant to both sweat and rain
- Lasts up to 5 days on charge
- GPS enabled
- Sleek look
- The leading provider of heart rate monitors
- Syncs easily
- Easy to use
- Fantastic look and feel
- High quality
Loses connection to phone at greater distances
All three of the products above give you a range to choose from when you are looking for the best heart rate monitor for running. They are going to help you have the most effective running experience.