If you want basic heart rate-based features, Polar FT4 is the perfect heart rate monitor for you.
It is designed for fitness enthusiasts, helping you train smarter than ever. It lets you know if you are improving based on your heart rate, and how many calories you burned after every workout.
- Measures only heart rate and not foot steps
- Provides continuous, accurate heart rate to keep your fitness training simple
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape
- Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
- User replaceable battery and water resistant
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
- Easy to use – This heart rate monitor is incredibly easy to use. You just have to go through the setup by inputting your personal information so that it is tailored to your preferences, and then you are set to work out.
- Alarm – The watch sounds off a small alarm to let you know when you are not working hard enough or if you are working too hard.
- Lightweight and comfortable – The watch is lightweight on your wrist. You won’t even feel like you have anything on when you are exercising, so you are comfortable and at ease.
- Accurate – It is incredibly accurate in tracking calories burned.
- Strap is not too durable – The strap on this watch is not too durable, as some users have commented on it breaking off easily.
- The heart rate monitor stops suddenly – There are times when the heart rate monitor will stop while working out, and some users have had to restart their workout to be able to track their heart rate and calories burned accurately.
- You have to wet the sensor – For the sensor to work, you will still have to wet it first before wearing the heart rate monitor.
The Polar Ft4 is a decent heart rate monitor that will do its job, and is perfect for those who only need something basic. This does its job, although it comes with some issues for some people.