Fitbit Blaze Special Edition Review
Just like other Fitbit heart rate monitor units, Fitbit Blaze features PurePulse, which ensures that you get continuous heart rate tracker without the inconvenience and discomfort of a chest strap.
You can wear it either while working out or not - it wears comfortable and it looks good, just like a stylish smart watch. Choose from different sport modes such as running, biking, and cardio, to see real time stats on display. Exercise in comfort with Fitbit Blaze.
- Fitbit Blaze syncs automatically and wirelessly to 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection.
- Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Fitbit Blaze is sweat, rain and splash proof, but is not swim proof. We recommend taking it off before showering, as it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
- Battery life: lasts up to 5 days.
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Warning: Do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. Not intended for use by children under 13. Always consult your physician. Slippery when wet
We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking.
- Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- Large display - Fitbit Blaze features a large, bright display that allows for an easy-to-read display. You can read your stats and set your preferences with Fitbit even when it’s dark out.
- Gorilla glass screen - Its screen is not only large and easy to read - it is also made of gorilla glass, which prevents it from being scratched and breaking too easily. You can run and work out without worrying about breaking the screen or scratching it.
- Water-resistant - The watch is water-resistant, so it doesn’t get ruined or break in the event of sudden rain showers or a splash of water. You’ll never know, but at least your tracker is prepared.
- Battery life - The battery can last up to 5 to 6 days after its last charging session.
- Smart notifications - Fitbit Blaze also features smart notifications. You will be notified when you get a new text, call, or calendar appointments. This is helpful for people who are very busy, as you can manage your life even while away from your smartphone and exercising.
- Accurate - The tracker monitors your heart rate accurately. No worries of miscalculations and such. Never miss a beat.
- A tracker for everything else - Aside from monitoring your heart rate, Fitbit Blaze also tracks your steps while walking, hours of sleep, and your workouts. You can wear this all day and all night to monitor your overall health and fitness level without the inconvenience of a chest strap.
- Auto Track - Because of its auto track feature, you don’t to manually input the beginning of your workout for it to start tracking and recording your activity. It senses your movement through your increasing heart rate and steps, and begins tracking even without your instruction.
- Weekly goals - You can set weekly goals in the Fitbit app that you can install on your smartphone. This helps you record your progress and encourages you to keep going and improving.
- Different modes - The device can be set to different sport modes like running, biking, and cardio so it tracks more accurately according to your activity.
- No GPS - Most heart rate and workout monitors have GPS to map their runs, and it can be helpful especially if you are a competitive runner and want to record your distance. Fitbit Blaze doesn’t offer a GPS feature, and that could have added to the convenience of the device.
- Not waterproof - As mentioned above, Fitbit Blaze is water-resistant, but is not waterproof. It would have been nice if it were, but it can only withstand a few drops of water. So don’t go running in the rain with this around your wrist.
- No option to keep the screen on at all times - Some users would have liked this to be the case, as it would have been helpful to see in the dark, if you like working out at night.
As always, Fitbit knocks it out of the park when it comes to heart rate trackers. Blaze is a great heart rate monitor watch that looks just like a smart watch, and offers the convenience of one. If you like something that you could wear anywhere and helps you with everything else during your fitness journey, this one is perfect.