The Garmin Fenix 3 HR Review
Before you even begin a workout, it is important to have a plan in place. Even more important than having a plan in place is monitoring your body during the workout so you can plan intensity levels and the goals that you have in mind while working out. The way to do this is to use a heart rate monitor, one of the best buys for anyone who leads a physically active lifestyle.
What to look for
Before we get into the main review of the Garmin Fenix 3 HR, you should first know what you should be looking for in a heart rate monitor. This is crucial as they definitely range in price from under $20 to well over $500, so it’s good to know which is great and which models you should stay away from.
First off, a physical activity monitor and tracker needs to be accurate. This is the most important thing to look for in a product. Many of the cheaper models tend to have poor representation of your heart rate and can’t really keep track of all the steps you made in a day. If they are inaccurate or fabricate a number, they are definitely useless for you. What good are the stats of your workout if they are wrong? This is why it is better for you to purchase a device from a well-known brand that people recommend. Ask a professional in store, or read customer reviews of whether it is accurate before purchasing.
Next is the durable design of the tracker itself. These devices are going to be soaked in sweat if you are working out in the correct way. They simply need to be waterproof, especially if you swim as part of your physical activity. Some brands are not even sweat resistant, and have been broken after just one intense workout at the gym. As well, they have to be designed both durably and comfortably. You don’t want your monitor distracting you from what is the most important: having a great workout, so you want to forget it is even there.
The best heart rate monitors come with a variety of features to enhance your workout and help you plan and see the progress you have made. It is crucial that you have a plan. A plan leads to goals, and goals lead to triumphs. If you set out to burn a certain number of calories a day, or want to lift a certain weight category, the best fitness trackers will remind you of them and set in place a reminder of when you are nearing or starting a new day of goals.
- Based to be put on the wrist and keep track of your heart rate
- Equipped with the Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- This allows you to have your heart monitored without anything on your chest
- This accurately and professionally tracks your activity
- Features a black band that is very soft and flexible to wear around your wrist
- Band is made out of silicon material
- Band is also resistant to discoloration so it always looks fashionable
- Display measures 1.2” and viewable in sunlight
- Display has a high color resolution and optically bonded display
- Water rated up to 100 meters deep, meaning you can easily swim in a pool
- Able to connect wirelessly over Wi-Fi hot spots, can sync date with the Garmin Connect App
- Equipped with ABC sensors to present to you real life statistics
- Built-in altimeter shows your elevation data
- Barometer allows you to note weather changes—great for runs
- Also equipped with a compass, keeping your bearing in mind
- Has a GPS receiver to set the time based on where you are, and keep track of your runs and your work out
- Can have a more accurate temperature reading when paired with temperature sensor
- Many various profiles that can uploaded to the watch itself
- There is a swim profile for tracking your pace, distance, number of strokes in the pool, simply tell what type of pool you are in before workout
- Golf feature allows you to keep track of game and number of steps taking
- Rowing mode can test your stroke count, rate, and total distance per stroke
- There is also a ski and snowboard mode for speed, distance, incline, during the winter
- Downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets
- Entirely customizable
- One of the highest-end fitness trackers on the market
- So many profiles to download depending on what you work out with
- Feels like a smartphone, can tell temperature your location, etc.
- Great GPS tracker
- Fast Wi-Fi connection
- The elite brand of performance training
- Easy to use
- A very expensive price
As we mentioned before there are so many fitness trackers on the market today, that it can be quite difficult to know which one is best for you. They range from really cheap with little to no features, to more expensive and with a lot of features. With all that in mind we can definitely say the Garmin Fenix 3 HR is one of the most elite health trackers on the market today.
This wrist watch-looking fitness tracker can basically do anything you need. It has all the features that you want in a heart rate monitor as it feels like a high-tech device like a smartphone. There are various widgets you can download and customizable faces so the band will feel like your own unique model. On top of that, it comes with a highly durable band so it is professional looking. We highly recommend this device.
That being said, it is much more expensive than a lot of the other heart rate monitors on the market today, so just keep this in mind when making a final purchase decision.