Garmin Forerunner 910XT GPS-Enabled Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
Working out is so important to living a long and healthy life. When you are working out, it is integral to keep track of the sets you are doing, and your heart rate. This is why more people are buying heart rate monitors.
What you need
Before we get into the main review of the Garmin Forerunner 910XT, you need to understand what to even look for in a heart rate monitor before purchasing.
These types of devices can range in price from around $25 to over $500, depending on what you are looking for. With such a wide range in price, it is crucial that you set time aside to know what you are willing to spend. This is going to help you narrow down your choices.
The most crucial thing when it comes to buying a heart rate monitor is accuracy. This is so important, and these devices are literally useless if they can’t accurately present real information. Even more so, they have to present it in real time, so you can take notice during your workout. If they send you false information it is going to screw with your records, and therefore screw up your workout.
You want to find a heart rate monitor with a lot of features.
But just a warning, the more features that come on one of these, the more expensive it usually is. These features can range from simply monitoring your heart rate, counting how many calories have been burned, how many steps you have walked, and much more.
The best monitors also have applications that are directed towards certain sports and certain types of workouts. This can range from swimming (counting how many laps you’ve done), rowing, and even skiing.
Some can even monitor your sleep. Sleep is one of the most important things in your life, which will help give you energy. Some of these monitors can monitor when you are in a deep sleep, or a shallow sleep, so you can plan how many hours to be in bed to give you the maximum amount of energy.
The heart rate monitor you buy needs to be manufactured of the highest quality. This includes being water resistant or entirely waterproof. You are going to be sweating, that is no question, and it is crucial that you buy a monitor that will not be disrupted by sweat getting on it.
As well, this is a device that you may be wearing like a watch all day long, so you want it to look good. Many of these monitors come in a variety of customizable colors so you can choose the best one for you.
On top of this, they also are usually very lightweight; you don’t want your monitor to disrupt your workout, you want it to feel like it’s not even there. These are supposed to enhance your workout, and allow you to plan goals, follow them through, and track all of your accomplishments.
The Garmin Forerunner 910XT comes with a variety of features to make a much more well-rounded workout routine. These features include:
- Fully enabled with GPS technology to allow a variety of athletes to use it, tracking miles run, biking and swimming distances
- Ability to track the time, the distance, the speed, the elevation of whatever workout you are doing
- Enabled with a barometric altimeter on the inside for accurate elevation results
- Meant to be used primarily for swimming, running and cycling
- Perfect for triathlon runners
- Battery life of up to 20 hours
- Resistant to water up to 50m deep
- Sleek profile
- Wristband is comfortable
- Display is easy to read, and bright
- Can identify what stroke you are doing in the pool and computes a score on your efficiency in swimming
- Easy to operate, simple design
- Can join the free online community of Garmin Connect
- Auto multisport feature lets you switch modes by the touch of one button
- Sets vibration alerts to give a nudge when you need a break or need to eat
- Compatible with ANT sensors
- Comes with a charging clip to charge
- Easy to use
- Can be used for a variety of sports
- Great look
- Able to work with Garmin Connect, great community
- Fast Wi-Fi activity
- GPS works great
- Display is bright
- Very accurate representation
- Affordable for all it offers
- Have to charge it, make sure you do this before your workout
- Side buttons are difficult to press
Before you make a final decision on a purchase for a heart rate monitor and fitness tracker, it is completely up to you to decide what you are going to use it for; this is crucial. If you want a monitor that only tracks steps, or you simply want one to count calories, then there are specific cheaper models available. However, do you play sports? Are you very athletic? Do you run a lot? If the answer to any of these is yes, we recommend the Garmin Forerunner 910XT.The Garmin Forerunner 910XTis for the person into multiple sports. It has an elegant design, is easy to use, and is also intuitive enough to switch between sports with the click of the button.
It is one of the first products of this size to be able to monitor the elevation on a run, and it provides highly accurate data. All Garmin products are compatible with the Garmin Connect App, which is really fantastic; it allows you to post your results and join an online community for even more tips on how to have an effective workout.
For the number of features this offers, it is also very affordable, and we can’t recommend it enough. Before purchasing, go to the store, try it on, and just make sure this is the right size, look, and feel for you.