Garmin Forerunner 235 Review
Stay on the track of continuous progress with Garmin Forerunner 235. It is a GPS running watch with Elevate wrist heart rate technology and smart features to help you keep track of your fitness levels. It has tracking and connecting features like automatic sync to Garmin Connect, smart notifications, and audio prompts, if you need a guide and some encouragement. Never miss a beat with Garmin Forerunner 235!
- Wrist Base Heart Rate – Forerunner 235 utilizes Garmin’s very own wrist based heart rate sensor that tracks 24/7 – Activity Tracking Accuracy
- Larger Screen – A 44% larger screen than the 225 but the same physical size
- Battery Life – 12 weeks in watch mode and 12 hours in training mode
- Audio Prompts – Receive audio prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times
- Smart Notifications – See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone – When paired with a compatible smartphone
- Lightweight – Garmin Forerunner 235 is an extremely lightweight device that is comfortable to wear. You won’t even feel like you are wearing anything. To a lot of people, this is a huge help because they can get distracted from having to wear a heavy device on their body for tracking. This does not bother you at all with chest straps, as it wears just like a watch.
- Interchangeable straps – It comes with interchangeable straps that allow for varying fit. You don’t have to choose a specific size to be able to wear this. No guessing game here. This also makes for a perfect gift!
- Convenient charging – The charging cable has a clamp design that has a USB end for convenient charging.
- Beautiful design – The Garmin Forerunner 235 is designed to look like a watch, so that you can wear it confidently and comfortably even when not working out. You can wear it anywhere and everywhere you go just like a digital watch.
- Ventilation holes – The armband has holes across it to allow for ventilation, so that sweat doesn’t accumulate in there and make you uncomfortable. For a lot of people, that is deal breaker. Garmin Forerunner 235 takes care of that concern.
- Tracks your fitness progress in general – Not only does Garmin Forerunner 235 track your heart rate, it also tracks your steps, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep the entire time you choose to wear this. It’s not just for exercising, it is for monitoring a healthy lifestyle.
- Vibration feature – It has a vibration feature for quiet alarms and notifications. You won’t have to be bothered by loud alarms and alerts.
- Smart notifications – It lets you know if you have an incoming call or text, and upcoming calendar appointments. It also gives you the capability to pick up phone calls from this watch!
- The layout is highly customizable according to your preference, so you can add your personal touch to it.
- Hard to navigate – The Garmin Forerunner 235 can be hard to navigate. It will take some getting used to, as it is designed uniquely.
- Can’t decline calls – You have the option to pick up a call from the watch, but you can’t decline. Also, you won’t be able to see texts. You will just get notified of a new message you need to read.
If you are serious in your training as a competitive athlete, or is in need of tracking your heart rate all the time in order to lose weight, the Garmin Forerunner 235 is a great option for you.
It tracks accurately and monitors everything, including sleep, steps, and calories burned, so that it is easier for you to attain and maintain a healthier lifestyle with just one device. It is also very comfortable to wear, thanks to its ventilation holes across its armband. And did I mention the armband is elastic?
It fits almost any size, so don’t be afraid of purchasing without knowing your wrist size. It also gives you the option to pick up a call. How cool is that? Even when your phone isn’t around you, you can keep track of your personal and professional life. However, it is not waterproof, only water-resistant, as with most of the heart rate monitors nowadays, so it isn’t much of a disadvantage.
Overall, Garmin Forerunner 235 is one of the best heart rate monitors out there.